I so wanted to blog this recipe of Prawn Fry that was mind-blowing ! Here goes the first post that I wrote in one go and without any story upfront. Dive in !
What you need
- Prawns – 250 grams
- Onions – 3 to 4 medium sized, chopped
- Green Chilies – 3
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1-1/2 tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder –
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tablespoon
- Kokum /Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Oil – 5 tablespoons
- Fresh Coriander leaves – for garnish
- Clean the prawns well with salt and turmeric powder and keep it aside. This recipe uses fresh big prawns, if using frozen prawns, de-freeze well.
- Heat about 3 tablespoons of oil on a tawa. Add chopped onions and cook until very transparent.
- Slit the green chilies and add to the tawa along with the ginger garlic paste.
- Cook until the raw smell of the ginger garlic paste goes.
- Now add in the turmeric powder, garam masala powder and red chili powder and saute for a few seconds.
- Make sure not to burn the masala powders; to avoid that add in the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add the prawns and required salt. Keep tossing until the prawns get coated with the masala.
- Cover the tawa with a lid and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the fresh lime juice and do a final toss before switching off the stove.
- Garnish with the finely chopped coriander leaves.
Serve it with hot steamed rice as a side dish for rasam or curd; goes well with dosai too!
Have a good long weekend everyone!